Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Our Space at Albert Hadley's "Rooms With A View"

My vignette at "Rooms With A View'.  Rendering by Victoria Molinelli.
It was an honor to be selected as one of twelve interior designers to decorate a vignette for the annual Albert Hadley "Rooms With A View" showcase, opening tomorrow night, at the historic Southport Congregational Church in charming Southport, Connecticut.  Design icon Albert Hadley came up with this fund raising idea seventeen years ago.  The vignettes are eight by six foot miniature rooms which are supposed to offer a "view" into a special room.  I constantly reference images of Mr. Hadley's work for clients and it was fun draw on inspiration from him to design my vignette.  Please visit "Rooms With A View" this Thursday night through Sunday afternoon!
Many wonderful people helped make my vignette possible.  Special thanks to sponsorship from Hennessy Automobile Companies; my assistant, Poppy Hall; Parker Rodgers; Marisa Marcantonio; and my outstanding vendors: Amelia Osborne, Bruce Wiley, Christopher Spitzmiller, Country Carpet, Eliko, Fabulous Things Ltd., Il Papiro, J. Pocker, Jerry Pair, Meg Braff, Mrs. HowardPaces Paper, Potterton Books, Rosenfeld Interiors, Two Worlds Arts.

2 comments:

  1. Found you at Stacys blog and I just know I will love your style given that you trained under Phoebe Howard one of my faves and the talented Meg Braff!!
    Hope to make a day trip to see this...looks wonderful.
    Nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Thank you so much for the kind words! Your blog is beautiful! Hope to have the chance to meet you at Rooms With A View. Thank you for the support!

    ReplyDelete